Go Back   Pet Forums - Yeepet > Dogs > Dog Health & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

All Natural Himalayan Dog Chews

Dog Health & Care

Old 10-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Your Profile Picture
Exclamation All Natural Himalayan Dog Chews

Rating: 5 stars for durability and ingredients.

(large chew)

When my mom owned her own dog store, I spent a TON of my time researching products and going to expos. I stumbled upon the Himalayan Dog Chew at a small little fair at a dog park and I am SO GLAD I DID! These chews were our number one BEST SELLER. We would sell out and have a list of people waiting for us to get them in! So what are they exactly?

When the founder of the company was in the Peace Corp, she found a stray puppy and asked the locals for something for it to chew on. They gave her "an ancient recipe of the people of the Himalayas. In the mountains at more than 15,000 feet, it is made using traditional methods with Yak or Cow Milk and all natural products and no chemicals or preservatives."

The hard rectangular bone that is created from this recipe is a amazing rawhide alternative. Full digestable, Himalayan dog chews are rock hard for strong chewers. It takes most dogs a long time to get through one of these chews. Now, I did see one German Shepherd get through one pretty quick, but most owners I sent home with these said it took their dog longer to get through the Himayalan than anything else. Even owners of Bully breeds said the chews withstood their iron jaws for a long time.

(small chew)

Made of Yak and Cow's Milk, salt, and lime juice (THATS IT!) these chews have no allergens for those dogs with food allergies. In addition, all that milk gives them 52.6% of protein.

Average Retail Price: Sm (bag of 3-5 pieces) $9.49, medium (bag of 1) $7.49 and large (bag of 1) $9.49

You can find Himalayan Dog Chews on their website at http://himalayandogchew.com and at independent retailers